(915) 209-2719 – email@example.com
Born and raised in El Paso, Texas, Felix Valenzuela graduated from The University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science. Felix was then accepted into the prestigious Yale Law School. There, he served as an Editor for the Yale Journal of Law and the Humanities, was selected as a William S. Beinecke Scholar, and was also awarded as an American Bar Association Legal Opportunity Scholar. Upon graduating from Yale Law School, Felix then attended the University of Notre Dame. Earning his Master of Arts in Political Science at Notre Dame, he focused on constitutional theory and law and was selected as the Joseph L. Gaia Distinguished Fellow in Latino Studies.
El Paso born and Ivy League trained, Felix returned to his hometown and now applies his rigorous training and skills to provide exceptional legal representation to the El Paso community.
Among his many accolades, Felix was selected as the EPYLA Outstanding Young Lawyer. Then, after only three years in private practice, he was nominated for, and received, the MABA Outstanding Lawyer award. He was also selected to serve as a federal law clerk to United States District Court Judge Philip R. Martinez.
Felix takes part in the legal community in the following capacities:
- Federal Bar Association, El Paso Chapter, Executive Board Member
- George A. McAlmon American Inns of Court, Member
- El Paso Mexican American Bar Association (MABA), Board Member
- El Paso Bar Association, Board Member
- El Paso Young Lawyers Association (EPYLA) Board Member
- State Bar of Texas Committee on Law-Focused Education, Board Member
- State Bar of Texas Texas Minority Attorney Program Committee, Committee Member
- State Bar of Texas Texas Minority Counsel Program Steering Committee, Committee Member
He also plays an active role in the community of El Paso and has volunteered in the following roles:
- University of Texas at El Paso Alumni Association Executive Board Member
- Stanlee and Gerald Rubin Center for the Visual Arts Director’s Circle Member
- Greater El Paso Chamber of Commerce Leadership El Paso Class 37
- YMCA of El Paso, Executive Board Member
- Law School Preparation Institute Advisory Board, Board Member
- Yale Day of Service, Regional Director
- Yale Club of El Paso, President
Felix has remained active with academia and teaches various classes at UTEP. He has taught Advanced Legal Composition, Torts, Social Media and Law, Private Law, Philosophy of Law, Courts in Action, and Legal Reasoning, among others. He has been published in various locations, including “Constitutionalism in the Age of Terror,” by the Journal of Social Philosophy and Policy.
I endorse Mr. Valenzuela without any reservation. He is a tireless worker and he aggressively defends his clients. I have referred several cases to Mr. Valenzuela and those clients continue to thank me for the referral. He gets the job done and always has his client’s best interest in mind. His staff is also tremendous.
Omar Carmona, Criminal defense Attorney
Mr. Valenzuela is one of brightest and most well respected attorneys in El Paso. Attorney Valenzuela’s extensive knowledge of Texas and Federal law, attention to detail, and tremendous professionalism are qualities his clients can always expect when representing their interests.
Isaac Cordero, Intellectual property Attorney
I endorse this lawyer. Very intelligent and excellent writer. He also has a strong presence in the courtroom. I strongly recommend him.
Oscar Lara, Employment and labor Attorney